7 Best Yoga Poses/Asanas for PCOD
Yoga, The name itself brings multiple pictures into our minds. When we talk about Yoga, we can think of a floor mat and a fit person doing several asanas. As sophisticated and classy as it looks, Yoga sure is a difficult task to learn but not impossible.
Yoga is more than just exercises and stretches; it is a perfect amalgamation of art and science. The art of mastering the asanas, when combined with the science of the evolution of humanity, brings us a stronger body, calm mind, reduced stress, and increased happiness.
Besides bestowing one with peace of mind and soul, Yoga is the best combination of breathing techniques, meditation, and asana, which can make one flexible, calm, and poised, along with improving cardiovascular health.
Practicing's Yoga requires you to perform asanas while coordinating your physical movements with your breath and control your breath with pranayama to vitalize the body, which directly works on your parasympathetic nervous system, one of the three divisions of the autonomous nervous system.
The parasympathetic nervous system basically tells the body to slow down, breathe deeply and relax, thereby lowering the cortisol levels of stress hormones in the body and preparing the body for a ‘rest and digest response during any potential danger. In simple terms, a parasympathetic nervous system restricts you from taxing your body and restores calmness in you and manages stress levels.
The current lifestyle trends and excessive working hours cause us increased stress and fatigue. Yoga has been proven to activate the parasympathetic nervous system, which increases overall calmness in the body and is quite beneficial for both physical and psychological balance.
Also known as the standing triangle pose, this asana gives an intense stretch to your muscles, arms, and legs. This asana is done by keeping the feet apart in a wide-legged stance with your torso twisted on either side and your right hand holding on to the left leg and staying put for a minute and vice versa.
Benefits of Trikonasana:
- Relieves gastritis, acidity, flatulence, and indigestion
- Alleviates backache and improves the flexibility of the spine
- Improves the upper body posture and alignment of the shoulders
- Strengthens ankles and palms
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Reduces risk of stroke or block
Virabhadrasana or the Warrior Pose
Benefits of Virabhadrasana :
- Improves blood circulation and respiration
- Strengthens the back muscles
- Strengthens shoulders and arms
- Stretches and strengthens calves, thighs, and ankles
- Stretches neck, shoulders, torso, lungs, and groins
Also known as the bridge pose, this asana works wonders on your hips, thighs, pelvis, stomach, and back. In order to do this asana, you need to lie on your back with your hands resting on both sides, spread out your folded knees, and raise your body from the pelvic area.
Benefits of Setu Bandhasana:
- Improves blood circulation and digestion
- Stimulates thyroid glands, lungs, and abdominal organs
- Stretches spine, neck, chest, and hips
- Alleviates stress and anxiousness
- Calms the central nervous system and the brain
This is one of the best, popular and widely practised asanas worldwide, and it literally translates to the word ‘Salutation to the Sun’. It is a perfect mix of 12 different yoga poses that covers different parts of the body. It acts as a comprehensive workout for the entire body since it involves twelve different asanas all into one.
Benefits of Surya Namaskar:
- Improves digestive system
- Aids in losing weight
- Ensures regular menstrual cycle
- Lowers blood sugar
- It helps in body detox
- Lowers anxiety
- Improves sleeping pattern
The cobra pose or Bhujangasana can be achieved by laying on your stomach with your palms resting on the ground next to your chest, and the body is pushed in the upward direction. Hold yourself in the same position for 30 seconds to 1 minute and repeat this asana.
Benefits of Bhujangasana:
- Stimulates abdominal organs
- Strengthens the spine
- Tones the buttocks
- Relieves stress and fatigue
- Relieves sciatica
- Improves male and female reproductive organs
- Improves blood circulation
- Ensures regular menstrual cycle
The seated forward bend or Paschimottasana can be easily achieved by sitting on the ground with your legs joined and stretched in front of you, bending forward and holding your toes with your hands or fingers and keeping still in the same position positions for a few seconds.
Benefits of Paschimottasana:
- Relieves stress and mild depression
- It has a calming effect on the brain
- Stimulates ovaries, kidneys, uterus and liver
- Relieves symptoms of menopause
- Relieves menstrual cramps and discomfort
- Reduces anxiety and fatigue
- Soothes headache and digestion
- Strengthens and stretches the hamstrings, spine and shoulders
This is by far the simplest asanas that you can ever practice. The name Savasana is derived from the posture of the dead body and is usually done at the very end of the yoga routine. It involves laying flat on your back with your eyes closed; legs stretched out left free, palms facing up, and focusing on deep breaths. Practising it for 5 minutes can give the best results.
Benefits of Savasana:
- Calms the central nervous system
- Improves the digestion and the immune system
- Reduces headache, fatigue, anxiety, and insomnia
- Lowers the blood pressure
We keep in mind that so many asanas can be difficult to achieve. The Zury app not only brings you step-by-step video tutorials for most of these asanas, which you can easily follow at your home. Apart from Yoga, the app also offers a wide range of workout videos, diet plans, blogs, articles, a daily transformation tracker, and period logs.
Zury has been thoughtfully designed and created keeping in mind all your health, fitness, Yoga, and diet requirements. Download the app today to access a 360° comprehensive health plan that involves almost everything.
Download the App now!
Google Playstore link : http://onelink.to/8fs3gc
Appstore link : https://apps.apple.com/in/app/zury-womens-diet-weight-app/id1545586163
Get a Free Diet Consultation by Expert Dieticians trained under gynecologists.
WhatsApp us on : +917208682067